Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Trouble With the Law

I got a speeding ticket. The only problem is that it was 3 months ago, the first week I had a car. So now I am paranoid that I have a bunch of tickets over the last 3 months that I don't know about yet. They have cameras everywhere that snap your picture if you go 10 kmh over the limit. That's like getting caught doing 36 mph in a 30 mph zone so it is easily done. It's also a problem when you aren't really sure what the speed is and there aren't any cars around.

My co-workers pointed out the sign that warns you that a camera is coming up. All in chinese. Sweet. I couldn't ever figure out why people were going pedal to the metal and then would suddenly jam on the brakes for no reason. I was taking that as my cue to go around the crappy driver with no sense of maintaining speed. Oops.

The good news is that the ticket is only $50 USD (assuming the USD doesn't continue to tank). I have to pay at the local 7-11. I think the girl behind the counter is going to get to know me and my legal troubles pretty well.

No comments: