Saturday, October 13, 2007

7 Days in Tibet; or, "Hey Lama, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?”


I went to Tibet. In Tibet, I met happy monks, drank yak butter tea, visited an old lady’s cave, got boarded by corrupt cops, got altitude sickness, got my photo taken with a yak at 15,000 feet, bought knick knacks, ate lots of yak meat, drank really bad Tibetan beer, gave clothes and school supplies to filthy orphans, danced the Macarena with 500 Tibetans at 1:00 AM in an upstairs firetrap of a bar, did lots of passing on blind corners, and smiled until my face hurt.

I did not find enlightenment from the Lamas but I did have a lot of fun with them. Check the photos.

Beggar Kids who Forgot to Beg for a Minute

Lhasa

Nowhere, Tibet




Dude in a Cave, You Decide if he is a Monk




Monastery Way the Heck up There






Prayer Wheels






Prayer Flags







Palace











More Flags, Altitude Sickness/Elightenment Imminent












No comments: